Monday, August 8, 2011

Inspiration One: My Husband

This is a video from one of my husbands many creative endeavors. He is a truly gifted musician and an amazing person to have in my life. This song, I Will Prevail is from his latest CD, listen and enjoy. If you like it, the songs are available on iTunes. 



Life is hard, anyone who tells you it isn't is lying or in denial. Today's world puts so many demands on the individual to be everywhere at once, and do everything quickly. We're made to feel like we never make enough money, we're not fast enough to keep up, there's always someone out there who can do things bigger and better. This really can run a number on your self-esteem and confidence.

In order to be successful and happy, it is vitally important that we stay motivated, supported and encouraged. Everyone has a group of negative people around them. The ones who always say you can't do that, your ideas are good but they just aren't practical. If you want to achieve your dreams, your number one priority should be to surround yourself with as many friends and family members that believe in you and want you to do well. 

I feel that my generation is really missing out on the most intimate support available to us. People my age see marriage as a prison. Husbands keep you down, tell you what to do and take away your freedom. Wives take all your money and keep you away from your friends and a life of sexual fulfillment. Maybe, if you marry for the wrong reasons these things might be something to worry about. However, if you find someone out there that you truly fall in love with, marriage really is the best choice anyone can make for themselves. It's difficult sometimes to be committed to someone else. You can't always make decisions without discussing it, you can't just live life on a whim anymore. But, it teaches you humility, compassion and most importantly compromise. People today have a difficult time with the last word mentioned. In an instantly gratified society we don't want to be told no, we want what we want now, no questions asked. 

People get married these days and treat their commitment as if they were a high school couple. 'Oh well I kind of like them, their cute and we have good sex, maybe we could try this thing out. After all if I don't get along with him, or someone better comes along, I could always get a divorce.' This attitude is one of the biggest contributors to the negative side of our society. When you truly love someone, and you sacrifice, and the person your with also sacrifices, you meet one another in the middle and beautiful transformation takes place. You are allowed to see yourself outside of your narrow point of view. You are shown your faults and flaws, made to become better to make your spouses life easier. At the same time, your husband/wife brings out the absolute best qualities and they flourish under the supportive environment. 

My husband and I have our arguments that's for sure, and life is not perfect. But, when I get off of work and everyone made me feel bad, or when I'm struggling with a story I'm writing, he's always there for me. When I get some crazy idea in my mind that I'm passionate about, he doesn't call me crazy, he dreams with me. My husband believes in me and I believe in him and together we don't pull each other down, we set each other free. Companionship gives you what every human being craves at their core. Every single person in this world wants to be loved, appreciated and understood. What could be better than to have someone with you who knows all about you, the good and the bad, and still kisses you at the end of the day. There is nothing better than to have someone who holds you at night, and tells you that everything will be okay. When you're with someone who loves you, it makes you feel like you can take risks, and try new things because at the end of the day, there is someone who will love you back no matter what, and that is priceless!!
QBSGN5ZX345A

No comments:

Post a Comment